Gifts of Stock and Mutual Funds

Gifts of Stock and Mutual Funds

For your convenience in making a gift of publicly traded shares of stock or mutual funds to the foundation, simply follow the steps below:

Please call your broker and let them know that you want to make a gift of stock/mutual fund shares to the Cabrillo College Foundation. If you don’t have a personal broker, please call us at (831) 479-6338 and we will help you get started.

Your broker will want to know the name of the stock/mutual fund and the number of shares you are contributing. In addition, your broker will request the following information.

Cabrillo College Foundation custodian:
US Bank, N.A.
425 Walnut Street

Cincinnati, OH 45202

For stocks and mutual funds DTC number: 2803

Cabrillo College Foundation account number: 4248007

After you have notified your broker, please contact the Cabrillo College Foundation Executive Director, Eileen Hill at (831) 479-6338 or email Eileen Hill at and provide the following information:

  1. the name and telephone number of your broker
  2. the name of the stock and number of shares you are contributing
  3. the purpose or designation of your gift

Please remember, do not instruct your broker to sell the stock/mutual fund and forward the proceeds to the Cabrillo College Foundation. This will jeopardize the excellent tax benefits you would receive if the college arranges for the disposition of the stock or mutual fund.

The Cabrillo College Foundation will provide a tax receipt for your gift.